We aim to: –
• Provide high-quality care and education for children below statutory school age.
• Provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
• Work in partnership with parents to help their child learn and develop.
• Add to the life and well-being of the local community.
• Offer children and their families a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
We regard you too as a member of our setting with full participatory rights. This includes a right to be:
• valued and respected
• kept informed
• involved and
• included at all levels of your child’s care
Children's development and learning.
We aim to ensure that each child:
• is in a safe and stimulating environment
• is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer helpers
• has the chance to join in with other children and adults to live, work and learn together
• is helped to take forward his or her learning and development by being helped to build on what he/she already knows and can do
• has a personal key person who makes sure your child makes satisfying progress
• is in a setting that sees parents as partners, helping each child to learn and develop
• is in a setting where the parents help to shape the service it offers
How we provide for development and learning:
Children start to learn about the world around them from the moment they are born. The care and education offered by our setting, helps children to continue to do this by providing all the children with interesting activities that are appropriate for their age and stage of development.
The areas of Development and Learning consist of:
• Personal, social and emotional development.
• Physical development.
• Communication and language.
• Understanding the world.
• Expressive arts and design.